Watch out England..Here I Come!! :)

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Tomorrow, Tomorrow, only a day away...

Whoa. I'm really leaving for England tomorrow. It all still seems so surreal to me that in a little more than 24 hours I'll be boarding a plane & leaving my home and family until May. (It'll probably hit me when I'm on the plane...then i'll freak out). Even though I am sooo excited about the experience, I am also a little nervous and apprehensive about whether or not I'm ready for it. I actually got really emotional about this trip last night...I know, I know, the girl who is so passionate about travel and missons was crying on the sofa because shes scared to leave in two days. Why? Not because I'm scared of flying or culture shock, but because I still feel like a little kid trapped in a 19 year olds body. I am independent by nature,but I still get scared leaving my cozy comfortable life in Chicopee Massachusetts. Well You know what? I think thats okay sometimes.

At church this morning, I felt as if my pastor this morning was sitting across from me telling me exactly what I needed to hear. He started talking about trusting God in this new year that He will do everything He wants to do in my life. He mentioned the passage in Joshua 3 when he addresses his people and says: "Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you." When my pastor read that part, while I was still trying to find the verse of course, I felt my heart skip a beat. It was like God wrote that with my name on it. That was exactly what I needed to hear, that He was going to do amazing things in my life...tomorrow. Whoa, does God know me or what?! Going back to the first chapter in the same book, one of my favorite passages jumped out at me. I've read it tons of times but it's never really spoke to me as it did today sitting in the pew with my parents. "Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." See? God is telling me, Deanne Williamson, that He'll be sitting in the plane seat next to me all the way to my newest adventure tomorrow night at 10:10pm. My little anxieties and emotional breakdowns were for nothing! With Him sitting next to me, what (or who) do I have to be afraid of? Even though God is with me right now, sitting on the couch again in little Chicopee, He'll be waiting for my plane to arrive in London. And with that knowledge, I'm ready to face the world. Want to come with me?! :D

2 comments:

  1. Deanne,

    You're so right! It's totally normal to be scared. . . AND God will be right next to you every step of the way.

    Hugs!!!
    Sari

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sitting here at work with tears in my eyes. This is a great experience for you and with God on our side we will both get through this. I love you so much.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete