Watch out England..Here I Come!! :)

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

just a day, just an ordinary day :)

Well today was pretty normal, nothing too exciting happened, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I like normal, it gives me time to recharge and get myself organized because its on the crazy days when i start to unravel. I got up around 9:30, got myself ready and then met a couple people to walk to our Geography class. We got there early of course (like dorky Americans) and i felt a little dumb when we all sat next to each other in a long row because it was a pretty big classroom with lots of seats haha. Other students came and sat in rows behind us, so even though we didn't want to sit in the front..we sort of ended up that way. The class wasn't really what I expected, mainly because I kept calling it Geography (like i did earlier) but it's really Living in a Global World. So i assumed we would be learning where Moldova or Kazakhstan really are (i still have noo idea) but really its about current globalization of the world and specific countries. This lecture was about food, so we learned about the food chains and the growing fast food infatuation and how that affected the populations. It was sort of funny because the lecturer kept asking our row about different customs or facts about the US so I feel like i need to read up on some current US happenings to make sure i say the right answer ;) Anyway, after a lonnng 2 hour class, we walked back to Regency in the freezing cold weather and turned on the heat in our rooms right away. I ate some lunch, toast with Nutella and scrambled eggs (yum!) and then took a lovely 2 hour nap. I think that's a pretty good system...two hour class = two hour nap :D Soon it was time for dinner..and Suzie had bought things to make chicken caesar wraps which were sooo good! we'll definitely be having those again. I spent some time emailing and Skyping with my mom & Lys and then Brittany and i went grocery shopping. I bought a lot of things and only spent 13 pounds! sweeeeet. Then we just hung out and i cleaned my room finally. That's pretty much it so I guess I'll head to bed even though i have no class tomorrow! yayy!

ps pray for kendall because she leaves early tomorrow morning! :) I'm really excited because Britt & i might be able to see her in London during her layover on saturday!

oh, and bonus points if you can name the song i quoted in the title ;) its an easy one.

2 comments:

  1. Dee,
    So thankful for Suzie! Nutella and eggs sounds gross! At least I know you are getting one decent meal a day. Tell Suzie thanks for taking care of my girl. Try and pick up some cooking tips so you can come home and cook for me. Love you.
    Mom
    PS no bonus points for me, you are the music dj in our house.

    ReplyDelete